A domain name is your unique address on the Internet. The domain name functions as as your SIM CARD online. Since people remember names better than numbers, domain names help people easily find your website simply by typing your domain name. – (e.g. http://www.yourcompany.com).
Domains serve as the place you tell people to visit to come to see your website. Depending on the web hosting plan you choose, you can host multiple domains on a single account. You can also point your domains to specific locations or park your domains on a single website. If you have access to host multiple domains and websites, you will also gain email and website statistics for each.
A subdomain gives you the ability to put a prefix before your domain name. An example of this would be photo.yourdomain.com. We provide you with the tools to quickly setup subdomains for your main website and for any other domains you are hosting with us. You also have full access to email and web statistic functionality with each subdomain you create and host with us.
With a domain name using your company’s name, you portray a professional image to your customers, prospects and suppliers.
Your personalised emails become your company’s business card (for example: email@example.com such as firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Make yourself known, use your domain name to publish your website (for exemple :www.your-company-name.com such as www.pkitconsultants.tk ).
Your domain name might be available today, but it might not be tomorrow. So protect your company’s identity now.
- Reserve one or several domain names (i.e. your company’s name).
- Choose from generic extensions (.com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .tk, .edu.ms, .4p.org) or Ugandan one (co.ug, .ac.ug, .or.ug, .org.ug, etc).
- Automatically renew your domain name reservation.
Or if you already own a domain name, use this existing domain name for Mail Set Up.
With a domain name, you can :
- Customise associated email addresses.
- Redirect all your emails sent to your domain name to your choice of mailbox.
- Access advanced management of your domain name.
- Define one or several URLs for your website
Why should you buy a domain name?
Whether you are a business or an individual, there are several important reasons for buying a domain name:
- Exposure – Your domain name means that anyone in the world can find information about you, your products or your services 24 hours a day even when you are sleeping!
- Profitability: Domain names help to establish your Internet point of contact 24 hours every day. However domain names offer many other purposes other than exposure and profitability.
- Brand Recognition and Recall – A domain name gives you email addresses customized to your brand e.g email@example.com. More importantly, every email you send is your name. If your customers can recall your company when they think of a need they have, you are more likely to get a referral or a sale.
- Professionalism – Having our own domain name and customized email address provides a higher level of professionalism and trust; this instills a higher level of integrity to your customers and prospects.
The domain name you choose for your website depends on many factors regarding your business and the purpose for which you’re creating that website. From our experience the main reasons you need a website among others are:
- Provide information about your business/ organization.
- Market and Sell your products/ services through the internet.
- Build your brand name for whatever business that you may be running.
To get a Domain Name for your Business, simply Contact Us today and consider it yours!